A man was recently on a cruise. He got chatting to a woman who had been on the ship for its last four cruises.
She said: “It’s cheaper than a nursing home.” She went on to explain:
“There will be no nursing home in my future. When I get old and feeble, I am going to be on this Cruise liner. The average cost for a nursing home is $200 per day. I have checked the reservations for this Cruise and I can get a long term discount and senior discount price of $135 per day. That leaves $65 a day for:
1. Gratuities which are $10 per day.
2. I can have as many as 10 meals a day (of fantastic food) if I want.
3. There are three swimming pools, a workout room, free washers and dryers, and shows every night.
4. They have free toothpaste and razors, and free soap and shampoo.
5. They treat you like a customer, not a patient. An extra $5 worth of tips has the entire staff scrambling to help you.
6. I get to meet new people every 7 or 14 days!
7. TV broken? Light bulb need changing? Need to have the mattress replaced? No problem! They fix everything and apologize for your inconvenience.
8. Clean sheets and towels every day, and you don’t even have to ask for them.
9 There is always a doctor on board.”
Tell us where would you like to retire?